We were chatting about the creative use of waste on our Facebook fan page and Candice Huddle, a fan and blog reader, shared this clever craft project with us…
With school holidays and Christmas around the corner, this would make an awesome project to keep the kids busy and decorate your home for the festive season.
You will need the following…
- A few cardboard toilet roll inners
- A pair of scissors
- A ruler
- Powder or acrylic paint
- Glue (glue gun is preferable)
- Clothing pegs
- First I painted the inside of the toilet roll and waited for it to dry.
- When it was completely dry, I painted the outside and again let it dry completely.
- Once completely dry, I cut into five segments. I used a ruler and pencil for exact measurements.
- I used a glue gun to stick the five segments together. I put a drop of glue on the end of one side of a segment and quickly put another segment onto the glue, so that the two segments form a V-like shape. I repeated until the last segment glues and then glue the first and last segments together.
- Using a clothing peg, I clamped the segments together while it dried.
Thanks Candice for sharing this stunning idea with us!